Thursday, October 06, 2005

Do you know Blair Singer?...

I first got to know Blair through reputation. When I was first involved at Peak Potentials, I heard about the man who taught Harv Eker the skills of being a trainer.

Then I learned that Blair taught at the Train the Trainer program. And I was able to watch him on stage several times, either as a staff member working the event, or as a participant.

Not only is Blair a terrific trainer. He has his own successful business with international clients, and has written best selling books as a part of the "Rich Dad Poor Dad" advisory board. Blair is a very talented man.

If you go to his site, http://www.salesdogs.com/ you can learn more about Blair and his material.

I subscribe to his weekly newsletter. This weeks is terrific. Here's what Blair had to say...

It has been said that the greatest fear for most people is the fear of 'public humiliation or embarrassment'. Number two on the list is rejection by your peers. And number three is untimely death. Wow! No wonder people dread speaking in front of groups. It also explains why so many people have such distaste for sales. The evidence is clear. The single most debilitating 'little voice' that you have is the one that worries about what other people think about you or what they don't think about you. It is truly the biggest block to wealth that I have ever seen. I have seen great talent lie dormant, great plans get dusty and more than enough mediocre results because of concern about what others will think, what others will say or what others will do. Stop worrying about others!!! The greatest leaders and most effective salespeople I have witnessed don't care what others think. They care about others...but not what they think about them. I have seen so many people allow their fragile egos get in the way of greatness. Looking silly, awkward, stupid or making a mistake is not nearly as silly or stupid as living a life as a victim of the suspected thoughts of others (many of which may even be fantasy!). Make your mission in business or in life bigger than your concerns about yourself, practice speaking in front of groups and practice tons of "Little Voice Management." Your wealth and sanity depend upon it!

Thanks Blair.

Namaste,

Jeff

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Interesting..... I was involved in sales before and did fairly well at it, but I did waste alot of time thinking about what others thought of me.

I have done some public speaking. I spoke to a group of 50 or 60 with no practice or help what so over. I was told the day before the event, made some notes, and just did it. I remember the feeling after.... it seemed like I was up there for 1 minute and I was supposed to be up there for about 15-20 minutes.
Jeff

12:28 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

I suppose we all want to be liked.
Perhaps just as important we don't want to be misjudged.
Larry E.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know Blair Singer. He's an outstanding teacher. I've had the privilege of working directly with Blair, interviewing him for a great audio piece on his 'Sales Dogs' credo.

On the fear of looking silly. There comes a point where you get hungry enough for change, you just don't care. I think I've reached that point! And fortunately, I'm one of those odd types that likes standing up to speak in front of hundreds of people -- so long as I'm prepared with something I know has value to the audience, that is.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Howard said...

Fear is definately one of our major enemies in the pursuit of overall wealth. I have found lack of funding to be the biggest fear producer as it seems to stop people in their tracks. Learning to increase cash flow is critical to avoiding this problem. Sale is definately tough. I always marvel at people who are so good at it and claim how easy it is while the rest of us wish we could do the same. I guess it's just a mental obstacle and should be overcome like any other warrior would. Time to crush some fear.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started public speaking at college. We had 25-30 people speak about themselves for 5 minutes in front of the class while being video taped. This was the hardest time I have had speaking in front of others. This event helped me overcome my fear of speaking in front of people. I think when we meet our fears is when we can understand and overcome them.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home