Monday, October 10, 2005

If you really want to be great…..

What separates the good one’s from the great one’s? If you knew that having this one quality assured you of being the best you could possibly be, would you want it?

Take a look at the most successful people in the world. Tiger Woods is the world’s greatest golfer. He started young, he had natural talent, and he had great coaching. But he also had the one ingredient that makes all the difference. He had PASSION. He loved golf. He loved playing it. He loved practicing it. Studying it. Even as the #1 golfer in the world, he was willing to step back and learn to play even better, and improve his game to a whole new level.

Lance Armstrong is the world’s greatest cyclist today. He started young, he had natural talent, and he had great coaching. But he also had the one ingredient that makes all the difference. He had PASSION. He loved cycling. He loved practicing. He loved improving. He did whatever it took to take his cycling to a whole new level.

Andre Agassi is among the world’s greatest tennis players. He started young, he had natural talent, and he had great coaching. But he also had the one ingredient that makes all the difference. He had PASSION. He loved tennis. He loved playing it. He loved practicing it. He loved improving. And he did whatever it took to take his tennis to his highest levels.

In any field, the best are the one’s who have a passion about what it is that they are doing.

Do you think that Harv Eker has a passion for his mission in life and Peak Potentials Training? You better believe that he does. It is no accident that he has achieved the level of success that he has.

So let me ask you, are you really passionate about your mission in life? Are you even clear about what it is that you even want from life? Until you have a definite purpose in life, and until you can get completely passionate about that purpose, you will struggle to see the level of success that you really want for yourself.

So make sure that you’ve got something to get passionate about in your life. Most skills are learnable. If you’ve got natural talent on top of that, so much the better. But with a passion to be something or to accomplish something special, and the right coaching, you increase your chances of success enormously. Besides, living a life of purpose is much more gratifying than just coasting by, at least it is for me.

Namaste.

Jeff

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I am passionate about my job, although I feel like there is something else out there that I am supposed to be doing. My current profession hasn't quite satisfied my inner desires.
Jeff

12:37 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

No doubt passion plays the driving force for anything.
Now, how do we find our passion?
Larry E.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My present-day business is driven by my passion for what success can lead to: an open field of creative contribution. I have a clear vision for what I wish to bring to that field in writing and teaching.

Meanwhile, my current activities are a kind of dress rehearsal where I can exercise the communication and leadership skills I will need when I am set free to "do my thing" unrestrained by financial pressures.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Howard said...

As we have mentioned before, passion is a driving force to overall success. The key is to translate stated or felt passion into real action.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passion is a powerful tool. I kow that in sales you have to be passion about your product or you will not be sucesasful. I t is as if the customers can see right through you.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home