Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The only thing that matters.....

Ever have an A-HA! moment? You know, where you realize something for the first time a certain way, and now you understand it in a whole new light?

I experience them all the time. I look forward to them. Because every time I have an A-HA moment, my life has just improved.

One of the purposes of my blog is to remind myself of some of the A-HA’s I’ve learned along the way, but maybe forgot.

Here’s one that came up today.

My client was telling me about the crappy year he’d been having. And it was crappy, no denying it.

My problem was that he was crying about things that had happened months ago.

Do you want to be a success in life? Do you want to join the elite top 5%? Do you want to take your life to the peaks of your potential?

If you do, you MUST understand this.

It doesn’t matter what happened to you yesterday, or last month, or last year. It’s done. There isn’t anything you or anyone else can do to change it, right?

If you’re smart, you’ll look at it objectively and learn what you could have done better to have gotten you a better outcome. You learn from your life, and you move on.

What does matter is what you choose to do from this moment on.

You can choose to continue doing exactly what you’re currently doing. If you do, it won’t be hard to predict what your future will look like.

Or, you can choose to take all of the experiences of you life and use them as a learning tool so that you can do a whole lot better from now on.

You have the power at any moment to decide that you want to be more than just average. You can decide at any moment to take complete control and responsibility for your life, and choose to live your dreams.

Many of my coaching clients are learning for the very first time as an adult, that they aren’t trapped by their current situation. They are excited, motivated, committed, happy, and enthusiastic.

I hope you realize that the past is history. It’s done. It’s over. Move on. What’s most important is what you choose to do from this moment forward.

Namaste.

Jeff

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Evans said...

Jeff,
One of the biggest A Ha's that I've experienced recently is that there's only one thing in this world that I have absolutely 100% control of, and that's ME.

I think we spend so much time and energy trying to control things that we can't, and forget that what we can control is ourselves.
Jeff

8:41 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

Learn from the past, enjoy today and expect a better tomorrow.
Larry E.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard to find the good sometimes in a bad situation. I tend to reflect on it until I realize what went wrong. This should energize you not to let it happen again.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home