Sunday, October 23, 2005

An interesting week

I just returned from LA where I’m assisting a client with their financial controls. They’re a major Japanese auto builder, and their corporate culture was a revelation to me.

The entire work environment is about as quiet as a vacant library. Everyone speaks in hushed tones. No music anywhere. No paging system. Even the phones are set at the softest levels. In a room with hundreds of staff, you can hear a pin drop.

I wonder if that is typical for Japanese companies, or unique to this one.

During the week, I had supper with an acquaintance from Phoenix who I’ve known for the past few months. Kurt is a successful entrepreneur who is destined for great things with his current company, and we have been discussing our involvement together for a while.

When I first met Kurt I really didn’t know what to make of him. But after knowing him for 3 months, I believe Kurt has a millionaire mind. And while he has been educating me on his business and his plans, I’ve had a chance to see first hand all of the characteristics that separate Kurt from the masses. In return, I’ve introduced Kurt to Peak Potentials and Harv Eker. Without any encouragement from me, Kurt has virtually memorized Harv’s best selling book “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” and is planning on attending the MMI in LA next month with 10 other friends and associates. Having worked with Harv, I see many similarities with Kurt.

On my return flight to Phoenix, I sat next to an entrepreneur who has his own Sales/marketing training company. Talk about a quick flight home. It was really a pleasure to hear his insights and thoughts on marketing and sales, as well as real estate investing and other topics. You just never know who you’re going to meet along the way. We exchanged business cards, and I will stay in touch with him.

It’s football Sunday, and Sue and I have been busy all weekend fixing up one of our rental homes. The tenant moved at the end of September, and we’ve been upgrading the property this month. Now the question is do we rent it, lease/option it, or sell it? If we sell it, what do we do next?

I fly back to LA tomorrow on the 6 a.m. flight, which means I need to get up at 3:30 tomorrow morning. The joys of working on the road.

Hope you all have a great week, and I’ll post when I have a chance.

Namaste.
Jeff

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
You are right.... you never know who you're going to meet along the way. I'm glad to have met you!
Jeff

1:01 PM  
Blogger Howard said...

There is no such thing as a bad contact and everyone should be treated with respect. Building a reputation as someone who acts in this manner can only help down the road. You never know who you are going to meet.
Howard

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always interesting to meet new people in unusual ways.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home