Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Fantastic Investment...

I’m a very lucky guy.

I happen to truly love the work I do and the life I live.

It’s the culmination of decades of studying the secret science of success.

When it comes to time, the most precious commodity we all share, I am a fanatic. I hate to waste time. Even a second. Everything I do has a purpose.

Sue and I just returned from a great 2 week vacation to Toronto and Ottawa, Canada where I grew up and spent the first 23 years of my life.

I still have a ton of friends and relatives living back there. Most important is my sister, brother in law and nephew.

The time we spent there was fantastic.

And somehow, being 2,500 miles away from home, I saw my business from a different perspective. I wasn’t focused on the day to day details of the business, but rather the BIG PICTURE (if you know what I mean).

Mind you, it’s not like I was just thinking about business while I was off on vacation. I was living in the moment, and in the natural flow of conversation, I was always being asked what I’m doing now.

It’s terrific to be 53 years old, in great shape physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, financially free, traveling the world, and passionate about my mission in life.

Here’s a hint that’s worth a kings ransom.

It’s just as important to take vacation time as it is to have work time.

No matter how much you love your work, taking a step back on a regular basis is critical. It’s like a tonic. It gives you a whole different focus. You see your life back home from a new and different perspective.

To me, it’s a fantastic investment.

What do you think?

Namaste.

Jeff

P.S. Upon my return was a box of materials from Kevin Hogan. I’ve signed up for his professional speaking program, an 8 week ecourse. I can’t help but be excited about working with Kevin and learning his systems. I’m confident that it will take me to a whole new level. If you don’t know who Kevin Hogan is, you need to check him out. http://www.kevinhogan.com/

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Evans said...

Jeff,
I've been following Kevin's blog now for a few months. He definitely has some valuable information that he puts out.

I'm going to attend one of his seminars one of these days.
Jeff

8:50 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

Making time to take time off is something I need to allow myself to do more often. It does allow different perspectives in all areas.
Larry E.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will check out Kevin Hogan. He sounds interesting. Time off is great change of pace.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home