Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Fresh New View.....

One of the great things about taking vacations the way that I do is that I’m gone long enough to let everything sink in for 2 to 3 weeks and then return to a fresh new view.

It’s amazing how our minds work. You’d think that taking “time off” from work would put you further behind when you get “back” to work. But while YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND is taking time off on vacation, your UNCONSCIOUS MIND is able to take a step back from your canvas of life and see new opportunities that you couldn’t possibly see at ground zero. When you do this consciously my great friend Jon Ward refers to this as “ZOOM THINKING” and it is a brilliant way of thinking to promote expanded horizons and viewing your life and your opportunities from different points of view.

If you are thinking of touring Europe anytime soon, be prepared to spend a lot of money! It was hard to believe how few Euro’s I’d get for my American dollars.

Regardless, getting to see cities and sites I’ve read about, studied and seen in movies or on television first hand is priceless.

If you happen to like cruising the way that Sue and I do (this was our 13th or 14th), it’s always a fun getaway. If you’re lucky enough to be seated at a table like we had, it just enhances the experience. We were at a table of 5 couples that hit it off and had a fun 12 meals together over 12 nights.

The Europe we saw is so much different from the U.S.A. It has a completely different personality from the cigarette smoking that’s everywhere, to the wine with every meal, to the motor scooters and bikes that flood the streets, and the small cars parked like sardines along the side of the streets turning them from 2 lanes into 1.

To see the Vatican City, the Coliseum, and all the historical sites in Rome, along with Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius; to go in a water bus along the Grande Canal in Venice and wander the streets for hours on end; to walk the walls of Dubrovnik in Croatia, or take a bike ride along the walls of Lucca in the Tuscany region; to eat an authentic Italian meal in Positano, Italy way up the “Vertical City” overlooking the expensive yachts of the Rich and Famous; to dine in Monaco and witness the incredible wealth of this tiniest of nations; to stand next to and pretend to be holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa; for all of these reasons and too many more to mention here, to experience all of this, to me, is priceless.

Over the past 18 years, my wife Sue and I have taken at least 1 such trip annually. I am blessed for having had this opportunity and taken advantage of it. Travel, learning, seeing new people and places, are all a priceless part of my life.

Having financial freedom, as I do, allows me to have a priceless life! Do you have a PRICELESS LIFE? If you do, you are blessed! If you don’t I can guide you, as I guide my clients and friends daily in my business.

Commit to having a priceless life. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and EARN your priceless life. You actually can learn how to create your priceless life. It’s up to you to take the action.

I hope you do!

Namaste.

Jeff

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love the money and time to travel more -- in Europe particularly -- so this is inspiring. And I experience an abundance now that isn't money-related. To me every breath of this life is priceless. What makes it so is love, friendship, the adventure of thinking and the sheer miracle of standing on this amazing planet. That said, more playtime would be a wonderful thing. Welcome back, Jeff!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that any time you can shift your frame of reference from the day-to-day grind, you see things in a new and different way.

For me, it's as simple as shooting baskets in the gym. I have some of my best ideas when I am just shooting hoops. I don't know if its the physical activity that get the juices flowing, but all I know is that it works.

Getting financial freedom to me isn't so much about buying expensive toys, but rather having the freedom to experience amazing things and people and explore new opportunities.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you offer a specific plan for financial peace, like financial guru Dave Ramsey, on how to get out of debt - "live like no one else so later you can live like no one else"?
Or is your blog and any related books more a mental retraining, like best selling book "The Secret"?
Or do you focus more on travel to find yourself?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jeff Fagin said...

Hi Tamara,

Great questions, and the answers are all of the above. I am not a fan of Dave Ramsey, but I do have a proven system that leads my clients towards financial freedom.

I believe strongly that before you can ever accomplish something great in the outside (material) world, you must first GROW YOURSELF INTO THE KIND OF PERSON CAPABLE of accomplishing something great. In otherwords, since you control your own actions, and you control your own thoughts, you can choose at any time to change your actions and thoughts to those that will lead you to the successes you want.

My blog is the compliation of almost 40 years of intense study and application of the rules of success. It's brought me everything I've ever truly wanted in life, and I GUARANTEE YOU that if you learn and then TAKE ACTION on the principles and ideas and strategies you'll find here, you will soon be living in a completely different reality.

All the best Tamara,

Namaste.

Jeff

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've traveled, but, wow, it sounds like you're having a great time! I may have to start saving some money and finally take that European vacation I've been talking about for years. Thanks for the inspiration!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely love to travel to many places outside the US. Especially Germany. It kind of depresses me to hear that the money ratio from US dollars to Euros is such a huge difference..

11:38 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I love that term “ZOOM THINKING” - how very true you are. Taking time off is a funny way to say it, isn't it? Time is never really off, but what we do with the time we have makes all the difference!

I did tour Europe once, but way back in the early 90's - I can just imagine how much things must have changed. I know that things are so different over there, it's overwhelming at times. But when all is said and done, we are all human! Loved reading your blog - very inspirational!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that taking a break can be the best way to refocus.

If I have a difficult problem at work it is amazing how often it is solved by taking a walk and thinking of something else.

Your subconscious mind keeps working on it and many times gives you the answer!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Paul d said...

I had never thought about a vacation that way . I guess it is needful to give our minds break too .This comes at a good time for me as I am going on vacation next week.Maybe I can get some fresh ideas .

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I just took a vacation and it really helped me to clear my mind. Every part of it went perfectly and even though I was busy site-seeing every day, it was very relaxing. I think because I didn't have anything to do except experience my vacation.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make Europe sound so enticing. I think it's about time I treated myself! What good is money sitting around if you're never gonna enjoy it. Thanks for putting the travel bug in my head!

4:17 PM  
Blogger skatasfatas said...

I will agree that Europe is too expensive, even for a tourist. Of course it depends on the country but in general prices are too high for most people. Anyway, i am happy about you.. Keep touring :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Something that struck me that you talked about was Mind Zooming. It reminded me of reading about how many artists would step back and think about what they would want to try to create next, or how they wanted to do something completely new, right before they went to sleep. As they slept, even if their ideas were vague, they would dream of something new to paint, something innovative. That always made me feel a sense of wonder at how easily things can come to you when you are in a relaxed state.

In relation to the rest of the post, you are blessed to have financial freedom such as yours. I want to take a year long trip to Europe in a few years, but as a full-time college student I don't have time for a job. $30,000 is what I've figured for my trip, and I have no idea how that will happen any time soon as I wish it would. An 18 hour class schedule doesn't allow me the freedom to have a well paying job. Make sure you take nothing for granted, for there are those of us who wish for your freedom.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I have had the luxury of doing this twice in my life and I couldn't agree more with you. There is something to be said about being able to take a break from life and not only do something enjoyable, but get that added fresh perspective. There really is nothing like it in the world.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I'm glad to see that you're back. Sounds like you had another wonderful vacation.

I've fallen off the wagon and may need a tune up, send help now!!!! I'm looking forward to more exciting posts and encouragement.

Jeff

4:53 PM  
Blogger billgluth said...

Vacations, escape from the everyday and stepping back from ground zero is a definite key, Jeff.

It's how anyone can see their business and life from the 30,000 foot perspective. All you have to do is simply step back into a new experience.

Even a brief weekend away can do wonders. In fact, you motivated me to take off soon. Thanks, Jeff! Great inspiration.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home