Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Incredible Power of Intention.....

If I could tell you just one thing that would make the biggest difference in your life, it would be to find someone extremely successful that you know and admire, and MODEL them. Figure out what it is that makes them so successful and follow their lead. Throughout my life, I have modeled the characteristics, habits, traits, tactics, systems, philosophies of those who have achieved uncommon success in areas of life that are important to me. It’s the sum total of all of these people and their characteristics that have molded me into who I am today.

This past weekend I went to San Diego to spend 2 ½ days with the brilliant Michael Gerber of E-Myth fame. I went for a number of reasons. First, simply to get to meet and learn with this giant in the area of entrepreneurship, my greatest passion. Second, to get very clear about how I wanted to take my business to another level. Third, to meet as many of the other participants and network with these like minded souls. Fourth, figure out if there was ANY way I could create a JV arrangement or alliance with Michael Gerber.

The event started on Friday, and just prior to the start I got an email from my good friend Harv Eker of Peak Potentials Training who is also a friend of Michael’s asking me to send his regards. Michael certainly knew Harv. Me, I was just another face in the crowd.

The event was exactly as advertised. Dream. What’s your Dream? What’s your vision? Your purpose? Your mission?

When you hear the words come out of Michael Gerber’s mouth, it just seems to mean more. When he emphasizes key concepts again, and again, and again, and again, it’s time to highlight them and circle them too!

I chose to pay the premium and get to be on Michael’s ‘HOT SEAT”. There were probably about a dozen of us out of the room of 45 who would get the experience of being on Michael Gerber’s HOT SEAT.

On Sunday morning, I still hadn’t had my turn on the HOT SEAT yet, and I was beginning to wonder what I had gotten myself into. Michael wasn’t pulling any punches and he was getting his points across to each of those who were brave enough to go through the process. I’ll bet those who were willing to step up and sit on the HOT SEAT got the most out of the weekend. But I knew I’d be called up at some point on Sunday, and I was just prepared to take it like a man.

Most disappointing was that I didn’t see any way to create an alliance or JV arrangement with Michael Gerber, and that was the highest aspiration I had going into the weekend. THAT WAS MY INTENTION.

All of a sudden, on Sunday morning, Michael introduces his ‘Chief Negotiator” Mark, who then makes a fantastic presentation and discusses the opportunity to become a ‘STRATEGIC PARTNER’ with Michael and his team. I’ve seen Mark throughout the event but never had a chance to talk with him at breaks or at meals.

Could this be the opportunity I was looking for? Could this be my lucky break? Could I actually become a “STRATEGIC PARTNER” with Michael Gerber? I was sure going to find Mark at the break and talk to him about it.

At the next break I immediately introduced myself to Mark and began to talk with him, but there were several others who also wanted to speak with him, and I wasn’t able to accomplish much.

After lunch, it was my turn to be on the stage with Michael. We began to discuss my dream, vision, purpose and mission. It was much more like a pleasant conversation than having Michael ripping me apart! Then Michael asked me to fill in the blanks, my background, education, prior work experience, what I was currently doing. I spoke about my passion for financial freedom and personal growth. I spoke about my belief in entrepreneurship as the greatest vehicle to financial freedom. I spoke about the incredible need for education in the areas of money and success. I spoke about the sleeping passions inside of all of us that just need to be woken up.

Afterwards, Mark came over to me and said that they’d like to explore a strategic partnership with me! Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to go into further details other than….”I’ll be in touch with you Jeff”, so until the details have been confirmed, it’s something brewing.

Regardless, my intention was to make something happen while I was at this seminar with Michael Gerber. He had never met me before. He knew absolutely nothing about me. There was no reason to believe that of all the people he has to choose from he would even consider me. But I was determined to see if it could happen, and believed that if it could happen it would happen. And IT DID!

Being a STRATEGIC PARTNER with Michael Gerber, would be a life transforming experience. My ideas and philosophies are in complete alignment with Michael’s. My desire to have a major impact on the financial lives of millions of people can be fulfilled with Michael Gerber as my STRATEGIC PARTNER. I believe in my heart and soul that there would be no stopping us (Not that Michael Gerber needs anything at all from me)

Until I have the chance to spend time in conversation with Mark, I’ll keep moving forward with my work, and when the time comes where there is more confirmation one way or the other, I’ll post it here first.

No matter what, the future is bright.

I hope your future is bright. I hope you’re waking up to your dreams every morning. I hope you have a plan to make your dreams come true. I hope you never quit!

Namaste.

Jeff

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job, It sounded as if you got more than expected from your trip. It shows that your faith is very strong and you believe in our burning desire. It shows that staying focused does bring around good results.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very excited for you... just keep to your mission and I'm sure that eventually, you will be presented with a larger stage to act your mission out on.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

Not that you were lacking in energy but I detect a power surge from your successfull San Diego weekend. Congratulations! It's motivating to know that one can be at a high level and have a desire to grow higher.Larry E.

8:18 AM  
Blogger jamieyk4 said...

Wow, your blog was just what I needed today. I feel your passion in wanting others to have financial success as much as you want it for yourself. that says a lot about your character. thank you.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

It's nice to see that you practice what you preach. You continue to educate yourself and share those experiences and energy with us which will be returned 100 times over.

Jeff

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home