Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What Are Your Financial Goals?

Do you want to be rich?

Do you want to retire young?

Do you want to travel the world?

Do you want to have the finer things in life?

In my coaching practice, and even in casual conversation with friends and associates, most people tell me that they want all of the above.

When I ask them what they’re doing to make those dreams a reality, most people don’t have a clue!

Often I’ll hear something like, “Well, I put money into my 401K every year. It gives me a tax break, and I get matching from my employer for the first 3%, so it seems like the best thing to do.”

Then I’ll ask them how much they’ll have coming in every month as income once they retire, and none of them have any idea.

Far too often the thing I hear from people is that they’ll worry about their retirement later. They have too many things to worry about right now, and besides, retirement is decades away. By then, they’ll have made their fortune, and live the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

In the meantime, even those who are saving for their retirement are building up their personal debt faster than their retirement accounts. They save a few thousand dollars in their IRA’s every year, and add even more to their Visa balance!

How important is it to you to become financially free? How important is it to you to know beyond any doubt that you will be able to retire one day if you chose to?

If financial freedom isn’t something you care about, what do you think the chances are that you will actually achieve it? Unless you win the lottery, or inherit a large amount of money, the chances of you ever becoming financially free are close to zero!

What if you had a road map, a plan that showed you exactly what to do to create freedom for yourself? Would you follow it?

I’ve devoted my entire adult life to the pursuit of financial freedom. I’ve tried virtually every route available to get rich quick. I’ve invested in the stock market, the options market, the real estate market. I’ve invested in businesses and a multitude of get rich propositions.

I got a degree in business because I believed that understanding and working in business was the best way to earn a large income.

I got my Masters of Business Administration because I wanted to become an expert in business management.

I got my CPA because I wanted to understand how the tax laws worked and how to take advantage of them.

I’ve worked with and consulted for Fortune 500 companies to learn how big money is created and managed.

I’ve run companies and created financial success for the owners and investors.

But the most important lessons I learned about becoming financially free didn’t come from the classroom.

It came from reading books, listening to audio programs and attending seminars that focused on becoming financially free.

More importantly, it came from applying what I learned and putting it into practice in the real world. And as a result, I am financially free today.

FACT: The one common denominator of all financially successful people is that they are EXCELLENT MONEY MANAGERS!

They have a system for managing their money.

So let me ask you this. Do you have a system for managing your money? Is it a formal system that you stick to every month?

If you were taught a money management system that showed you exactly what to do to create financial freedom, would you adopt it and follow it?

I am passionate about helping people who sincerely desire to join the ranks of the top 5% financially. People who are willing to take the time to learn the systems and then apply them in their own lives to create financial success for themselves.

Becoming financially free isn’t a matter of luck. It is simply learning the right way to do certain things, and then actually doing them in your life.

You too can become financially free if that’s something you really want.

So the real question is, how much do you want it?

Namaste.

Jeff

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Evans said...

Jeff,
It's the most important thing in my life right now. And yes, I do happen to have a system. A system that I use religiously.
Jeff

8:27 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

To start with I'm working for financial freedom to do what I want when I want to do it.
Larry E.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a passion to focus and learn as much as I can in order to enjoy the rest of my life. Fail to plan, you plan to fail. I say this to myself everyday.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home