Saturday, December 08, 2007

It's Really Just This Simple.....

It’s a cool and damp Saturday morning in Phoenix, and my client just called to reschedule. So, how do I make the best use of this time?

Earlier today, I read something so profound, but so simple, that I wanted to get my thoughts on paper while they were still fresh in my mind.

Here's the simple thought.....People who are successful in life are prepared to do what most people won’t.

Most people talk about losing weight, getting in shape, becoming financially free, but only a few are prepared to make the changes in their life to make it happen.

There is always a price to pay before the goods are delivered. You can’t buy success on credit. You have to earn it before you receive it.

Everyone is looking to get rich quick. Actually, today, more than any time in human civilization, it is possible to get rich quick. When I say quick, I’m thinking 3 to 5 years.

But that’s not what most people want. No! They want the EASY WAY to get rich quick. In 90 days from now, by simply doing A, B, and C, you’ll never have to work another day in your life kind of easy.

I’ve been studying successful people my entire adult life. I’ve modeled my entire adult life from successful people. Successful people are all willing to put in the work. They are willing to focus on their work until they become MASTERS of it. They’ve built a foundation of experience and knowledge that can NEVER be taken away from them. They have a ‘BLUEPRINT’ that is set for success.

Success is a science. It can be predicted with certainty. If you DO certain things, you will most likely RECEIVE certain results. As you do it better, you get better results.

You will never be any worse at anything in your life than you are right now. ANYTHING you choose to become better at, you can. It’s entirely YOUR choice.

BUT……you can’t fool the Universe. If you haven’t put in your time and effort, if you’ve cut corners or acted out of integrity, you won’t see the kind of success we’re talking about here.

The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO DO WHAT MOST PEOPLE WON’T.

I’ve quoted Wade Cook previously, but what he says is so true…IF YOU’RE WILLING TO DO FOR A FEW YEARS WHAT MOST PEOPLE WON’T, YOU CAN DO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHAT MOST PEOPLE CAN’T.

So, where do you start? How do you begin to create a new "BLUEPRINT”?

First, become a lifelong LEARNER. Get passionate about LEARNING how to be more successful in the areas of your life that are important to you.

Second, become a lifelong DOER. Get passionate about DOING the things you learn.

That’s it. Two simple steps. Two simple steps that if you understand them and do them, will change your life forever. The 5% who are living life at their full potential are doing it.

One last time, SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO DO WHAT MOST PEOPLE WON’T.

Namaste.

Jeff

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Evans said...

Jeff,
I'm in the process of learning and doing. Everyday I come across information that I want to read and learn and implement in my life. I have to catch myself and slow down a bit. I realize that I can't learn everything in a day.
Jeff

9:00 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

I love to learn. It's a daily objective. Now if there was just enought time in a day to do all I want.
Larry E.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I continue to learn from my mistakes and reevlaluate them in order to improve. Going the extra mile pays off in the end.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home