Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What's YOUR Mission?

Those of you who’ve read this blog for a while know that I often write about passion, purpose and mission.

I was lucky in life that I found my greatest passion when I was still young. At the age of 15, I became obsessed with my personal growth and development. I began reading books, and then listening to tapes, and finally attending seminars.

Over the last 37 years, I have been on a personal mission to educate myself in as many areas of personal success as I can imagine. It’s a never ending process, and assures me that I will never be bored.

One of the areas I have focused decades of study is in the area of personal financial success. Besides all the formal education I received, and all the degrees and letters after my name, I have invested tens of thousands of dollars to learn money strategies using many different vehicles.

At the age of 52, I am financially free. What that means is that Sue and I have more than enough passive income to pay for our expenses. We don’t have to work anymore.

Was I lucky? Maybe. But I believe that taking all of the knowledge I acquired and then DOING something with it had a lot more to do with my financial success.

What would you do if you had enough passive income coming in every month to pay for all of your expenses? Would you work? Would you play golf every day? Would you travel?

I happen to believe that all of us are here on this earth for a purpose. We all have a specific mission in our lifetime.

Our missions are not only in our own development. It’s in how we contribute to society. It’s in helping our fellow man/woman with our unique skills and gifts.

When it comes to personal finances, I have achieved a level of success that places me in the top 5% of all Americans. There are universal principles I learned along the way that made the journey to financial success automatic.

As a result, I believe that my mission is to help others who have a real desire to reach their full financial potential. I do it with joy. I do it with enthusiasm. I do it with passion. I am doing what I enjoy doing more than anything else I can imagine, and I get to help those who are open to it.

What’s your mission?

Can you state exactly what your purpose is?

If you can’t, then you are cheating yourself of the greatest gifts of life.

Your life will never be the same once you know from deep within yourself what your true mission is.

If you are true to yourself, and you pursue your mission, you will find a new feeling come over you.

You’ll see life from a completely new perspective.

You’ll feel energized.

You’ll be happier.

So again, I ask you, what’s your mission?

Until you have your answer, you need to keep asking yourself this question over and over again…….

Namaste.

Jeff

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Evans said...

Jeff,
One of my missions is to become an excellent money manager.

I'm going to do this by continuing to educate myself with self help books. Applying the principles of the money management system that I learned at the MMI. And of course making more money so that I have something to use when I practice the money management system.
Jeff

6:27 PM  
Blogger Larry E. said...

I enjoy so many thngs but..... What is MY mission?
Larry E.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mission is to teach others or manage their finances with many vehicles to move them into a higher lifestyle. That is my mission so far but it needs to be tuned a bit. I like financial planning but there are so many ways to go.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home