Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Woody Allen was WRONG!

Wrong about what??

Woody once said that “90% of success was just showing up!”

He was missing one CRITICAL word…….

and that one critical word was “PREPARED.”

Daily I meet with prospects and clients who want to break away from the financial struggles of their life and have a chance for something better.

It’s a universal feeling.

We all think about and worry about MONEY more than any other issue.

If you doubt that, take a look at the NUMBER 1 issue in the election.

It’s not HEALTH CARE!

It’s not EDUCATION!

It’s not IMMIGRATION!

It’s THE ECONOMY!

People are worried about their pocketbooks.

They’re worried about their savings, their retirement funds, and their homes.

Most people are struggling to barely get by, forget about getting ahead.

This is very common among the people I meet and advise daily.

Does this sound like you or anyone you know?

I ask my clients a simple question. Is your intention to “GET BY” or to “GET AHEAD?”

Let me ask YOU something……..

if your intention in life is to do just enough to GET BY, guess how much you’ll get?

Enough to GET BY. And no more.

Right?

Some people tell me that their intention is to GET AHEAD.

But after a 5 minute conversation, I can’t see anything that they’re doing that’s going to get them ahead of where they are right now.

Hopefully, YOU want to GET AHEAD.

My entire purpose for everything I do is to lead you directly onto the path so you can GET AHEAD, and more importantly STAY AHEAD and win the MONEY GAME.

I’ve been studying and applying these principles and ideas for almost 40 years, since I first picked up and began studying THINK AND GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill when I just 15.

So not only do I know that they work from my own personal experience, I’ve seen them work for thousands of others who are PREPARED to learn and apply them in their lives.

I ran a very successful Business and Personal Development company based in Vancouver, Canada a few years back. Peak Potentials Training is one of the largest of its kind in North America, if not the largest.

During my time running the company, I saw tens of thousands of people come to our seminars.

I wish I could say that 100% of them found the success they were looking for.

Sadly, success is elusive. It’s not easy. If it were, everybody would be successful all the time, and we know that’s not true.

But I got to know the 5% who did reach for more and went out and did it.

Amazingly, the 5% didn’t have a lot in common. There were just as many women as men. There were just as many younger people as older. There were housewives, mechanics, salespeople, even handicapped.

The one thing they all had in common was that they showed up PREPARED.

They all knew what they wanted, and were PREPARED to show up wherever they needed to show up to get them to the next step in the plan.

Usually, one of the first things everyone needs to do to succeed in anything is to get educated about it. Those who understand this and then show up PREPARED to learn start off miles ahead of the rest.

Once you’ve got the knowledge, you have to be PREPARED to practice using it in your life as soon and as often as possible so that it becomes HABIT. Few make it this far.

As you practice your new habit, you must be PREPARED to improve it so that you MASTER it. Only the successful make it this far.

And so it is with money, wealth and abundance.

Think about this……

Your body needs food daily to survive.

If you feed it potato chips all day, it won’t get the nourishment it needs to be strong and healthy.

WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING YOUR MIND EVERY DAY??

Are you PREPARED to make sure that you’re feeding your mind high quality, valuable thoughts every day?

Those who REALLY have the intention to GET AHEAD do.

And it's for those people that my message is intended……

because if you REALLY have the intention to GET AHEAD, I guarantee you that the information you’ll find here WILL transform your life as it has for thousands of others.

Those who really want to GET AHEAD are my heroes! Those are the people I dedicate my time and energy to.

Are you part of the 5% who are PREPARING for your success, or part of the 95% who have excuses why you can’t or won’t have the success you want?

If you really want to GET AHEAD, you have to start the HABIT of feeding your mind the right information daily!

You’ll know just how badly you want to GET AHEAD as soon as you’ve finished reading this post.

If you think…..cool, good article, and then go on with your day and your life as if you’d never read this, you are GUARANTEED to land in the 95% that struggle.

If you decide that you are going to PREPARE yourself to GET AHEAD and STAY AHEAD, you’ll begin now to feed your mind with the knowledge, the philosophies, the strategies and tactics to get you there.

In the 169 postings on this blog is every answer to every question you need in order for you to have true wealth and abundance. It’s all right here in one place.
You have no more excuses for not achieving your goals.

If you really want to GET AHEAD and STAY AHEAD, I bless you my friend. I welcome you to my blog….and I share a burning desire to help you reach your goals.

Namaste,

Jeff

Labels: , , , ,

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a valuable blog that I've stumbled upon! I also agree that you have to be prepared to get AHEAD in life and not just meet your needs. No one wants to do just that. I will have to bookmark this blog and start reading all of the posts so that I can be better prepared in life.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the subject of you getting what you expect out of life. I was stuck in this cycle for a lot of my life, always just looking to make it to next payday or whatever. Lately I have been trying to stay positive and plan long term and it has opened a lot of doors for me.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hit it right when you said people think how to get financially "ok", not good! Its like weight loss, you make a plan and stick to it and keep it up. It is the same with money!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sharon G said...

You're right that people are most concerned about the economy. How can we not be worried when all this crazy bailout stuff is going on now?! I know people who have taken their money out of their bank accounts and hid it under a mattress! This is like the Depression! It's awful!

Your online learning program allowing anybody to become financially free sounds just great! Most people want that, but fewer have the proper tools to actually have it become a reality in their lives.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are very powerful statements. Everyone seems to want to get ahead, but few people are willing to make the commitment and prepare themselves for success. Instead, it appears that many people unknowingly prepare themselves for failure. I need to keep reading this blog and stay motivated to get ahead!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the mind tricks us! Just when we think we're on the right mental track, some external event tries to push us off. Right now, we have a mega-event in the Wall Street meltdown. There's a real choice here: to go into "mental recession" or keep expanding our own horizons of thinking. Thanks for a timely reminder here, Jeff.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your personal experience and expert tips will help lot more people like me who want to get ahead in their lives. I found the article to be very interesting. You are very right in saying that everybody wants to have more and more money to fulfil their dreams.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Howard said...

I think the key to this message is we have to act on what we know to be true. We know we need to constantly learn more but we rarely do. We need to make time for this and to actually act on what we say we want to do in life.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great post about financial responsibilty. Success is indeed about more than just showing up; it's about hard work, and anybody who believes there is such a thing as EASY money is living in adream world.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting that more and more people don't follow this simple advice. Preparation will set you apart from others in this world, especially when they know they can count on you to get things done.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting concept. The majority of people are not prepared to put in the amount of time, effort, education and sacrifice that is needed to get ahead. As you pointed out, preparation is key for financial success, as it is the key to many other things. Well written.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that getting by is a goal because so many give up hope of getting ahead. Not being behind is a thing lots of people will settle for.

I would think your system would be popular with those who dare to better themselves.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I read this blog. I agree 100% and I to want to be in that 5% and I want to feed my mind and body with the knowledge to fullfill my goals. You have helped alot and I am postive that I will gain the knowledge I need!! THANK YOU

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The preparing your mind for success is a key process which I haven't thought about before. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time i'm in a tough situation.
graham

7:41 PM  
Blogger Datta Sevak said...

In today's inflationary situations, it is very important that you target for more than what you actually need. If we don't do that then we will only end up achieving lower than our capability. Again this has to be continuous effort and need revisions to the targets from time to time. Certainly this post has started a thought process in my mind about achieving financial success which would be greater and long lasting.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my experience, most people just don't seem to have the initiative to do what it takes to better themselves and stop making excuses for their current state of affairs.

However, I believe that those who do have this initiative will naturally rise to the top in whatever endeavor they pursue.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone WANTS to get ahead, especially in today's economic climate, but it's so much easier said than done! It's easier just to coast and keep doing what you're used to. Making a plan, sticking to it, and revising your plan as necessary is one of the keys -- but as you've said, another one is definitely preparedness!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100% about everything you said in this post. If you want your life to go a certain way, you definately have to be prepared in every aspect. I have bookmarked your website, so I can come back daily to learn how to prepare myself for succeeding in life. Thank you! Erica

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great points and you are so right. I am lucky enough to have a father who is also a CPA and guided my husband and I to a sound financial plan for our future, but not everyone has a CPA in the family. So often, money and finance gets put on the back burner until it's late in the game. My only advice is to stop putting it off. Do something now, no matter how old you are or how much money you have. You never know what life will hand you, and it's better to be prepared and confident in your finances.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whatever has been said is great but to me Life isn't that easy as it appears to be. I was too optimistic & enthusiastic once, but not now. I am laking confidence due to a failure. I am still a positive person, but failure takes everything from you. Still, i love to see these success stories. For me, your Blog is good but would have been best if i would be a successful being.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I love how blunt and to the point this is. If people want something, they have to do something about it. I agree about having to be prepared. Why would you just let life pass you by? I am definitely one that is looking to get ahead and stay ahead! I think I've got the get ahead part, now if only I could get the STAY ahead part....

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the blog and I agree. You always need to be prepared. What is the point of being there if you aren't prepared. You won't be able to do anything.

9:42 AM  
Blogger reddevil_vishal said...

its a very useful blog.Not only me but every body who read it is agreed that to fulfill our needs we all have to be get prepared for FUTURE.No one will help you to achieve your goals its only you whose efforts can do something to make future bright.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really great blog - I think you're dead on about preparedness! Preparedness is probably the most important thing to being successful in life.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing some lessons we can take away from school and apply to our adult lives. One rule in every class was always come prepared. Those that came prepared were always ready to get to work on the task, but those that forgot something always had to waste the time to get the necessary materials. It's usually the ones that were never prepared that suffered in their grades. It's that way with every aspect of life, not just financial. I agree the best way to get AHEAD in life is to be PREPARED for everything.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too many people just think they can show up and have the world handed to them. It takes work, all the time! You have to make sure you are reading the right things, talking to the right people, etc. You have to be constantly engaged with life. Showing up isn't enough

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard a lot of people, including myself, make a million excuses as to why they can't get ahead in life. I think the first thing I can do is "feed my mind" positive thoughts everyday. That would definitely make me feel better about finances I think.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Droning away in a workaday job lulled me into thinking that I'm doing fine as long as my rent is paid and I'm "getting by"... visiting Jeff's blog reminds me that my life has so much more worth and potential, if I accept that I deserve to- and am able to- "get ahead!"

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been working this year with the law of attraction, abundance thinking, gratitiude, and other ideas and things are beginning to come together, but I have bookmarked this site so I can come back and read some more. You are right when you said most people are not prepared and not taught about money other than as a medium of exchange. I'm looking forward to reading more of what you have to say and learning to apply it to my life so I can Get Ahead of the crowd!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Failure does leave bruises. I don't know how many times I have showed up for an interview or turned in resumes/application to never hear a word from the employeer. You know why I fail? It is the reason this blog states. I am not prepared enough especially in this economy, when so many are looking for work or have been laid off. That is why I am going to back up my knowledge with a legitimate certification or degree. It takes more than just saying, I know how to do the job. even for jobs on the low side of the pay scale.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home